Racing Victoria this morning issued the following statement in regards to the 2020 Spring Racing Carnival:
“Discussions regarding programming for the 2020 Spring Racing Carnival remain ongoing and no decisions have been made at this time.
“We have consistently stated throughout the COVID-19 pandemic that we will wait until June to give ourselves the best opportunity to make the most informed decisions possible about the Carnival.
“We expect to make these decisions in early June and they will reflect the outcome of ongoing consultations between RV and the Clubs, along with further consultations with our key stakeholder and participant groups. Most importantly, these decisions will be made in the best overall interests of Victorian racing.
“Moving the Caulfield Cup Carnival to November is one option that has been put forward and given these unprecedented times it is incumbent on us to consider and explore all possible options.
“Rest assured that any decisions on the 2020 Spring Racing Carnival will take into consideration the views of our key stakeholders, as well as the likely COVID-19 restrictions we’ll face, the possibility of crowds, our broadcast arrangements, key wagering considerations and Victoria’s events calendar.
“We do not intend to provide ongoing commentary as we progress these consultations and will make a further public statement once decisions have been made.”