It might not be the best day of racing in terms of horse quality, but if you want fun and to have a good time, then Magic Millions Day on the Gold Coast is unquestionably the number one afternoon of racing on the Australian calendar.
MAGIC MILLIONS OFFER: Sign-up at Sportsbet.com.au via this link for a $501 BONUS BET!
A cracking field has been assembled for the 2015 Magic Millions Guineas (1400m) at the Gold Coast this Saturday, carrying $1 Million prizemoney and attracting a capacity field of 16 and 5 emergencies.
Here are some facts and figures regarding the recent history of the Guineas, and hopefully it will lead you towards finding the winner:
1. While an inside gate is near critical to winning the Magic Millions Classic, it is not entirely the case with the Guineas. In the last five years, four winners have come from gate ten or wider, so don’t fret if the horse you like has drawn the car park!
2. Over the last ten years, six winners have been trained outside of Queensland, including the 2014 winner Sweet Idea for Gai Waterhouse. Nine of the 21 runners this year are trained outside of Queensland, including second favourite Testashadow, who is trained by Gary Portelli.
3. A bit like the Magic Millions Classic, fillies do have a good recent record in this race. Three of the last five winners have been from the fairer sex, with those being Sweet Idea (2014), Punch On (2012) and Graceful Anna (2010).
4. Favourites don’t have the best record in the race, with none saluting in the past five editions. The best they have finished was runner up in 2013 thanks to Sizzling behind Saluter.
5. Only one trainer that has a runner in the 2015 edition of this race has had previous, and that is Gai Waterhouse, who has won the race on three previous occasions.