A two-month wait for Russian Camelot to win today’s TAB South Australian Derby at Morphettville was worth it for one TAB punter who has pocketed $67,275 from a five-leg Multi.
On March 6, the customer in question placed a $500 Multi at odds of $134.55 on:
- Cologne to defeat Paderborn (won 2-1) in their German Bundesliga Round 25 clash – $2
- Fasika to win Race 1 at Randwick on March 7 – $2.50
- Wild Planet to win Race 5 at Flemington on March 7 – $2.50
- King Of Leogrance to win the TAB Adelaide Cup at Morphettville on March 9 – $2.392
King Of Leogrance was $2.60 before the scratching of Yogi on March 9 at 3:07pm AEDT
The last leg of the bet was in today’s SA Derby with the punter needing Russian Camelot to win.
- Russian Camelot to win today’s TAB South Australian Derby at Morphettville – $4.50
“Betting was paused on the TAB South Australian Derby from late March until April 22 due to the uncertainty over COVID-19.”
“Russian Camelot was a late scratching at the barriers as a hot favourite at Caulfield on April 4 before missing another race at Flemington on April 25 due to an inflamed throat.”
“Despite the interruptions to his campaign, Russian Camelot was the superior stayer today and is now the $11 outright favourite for the 2020 Melbourne Cup.”