International form analyst Xavier Blair gives us his race by race preview for tonights Happy Valley meeting. View his tips and selections.
Race 1 – Class 5 Rtg 40-10 1650m
(6) Incredible Eagle flew home from well back last start and a repeat performance sees him go close in this average event to open the program. (5) Lucky Emperor looks the value in the race and is definately worth a try both ways.
(6) Incredible Eagle
(5) Lucky Emperor
(4) Ever King
(11) Winning Strategy
Race 2 – Class 4 Rtg 60-40 1800m
Open event with several winning chances. Fancy (12) Rain Of Thunder at a price as he comes off a solid effort at Sha Tin in a good form race. He stays down in the weights and looks well placed. (8) My Way and (9) Private Road are always around the mark but both are stuck on just the one win but can change that with the right run tonight.
(12) Rain Of Thunder **
(8) My Way
(9) Private Road
(3) Travel Guide
Race 3 – Class 3 Rtg 80-60 1000m
Small field of nine to do battle here and I’m keen on the lighter weighted gallopers who are likely to relish the expected fast tempo and run on strongly. (6) Jun Dao finds it hard to win and needs everything to go right but gets his chance to breakthrough here with his favoured conditions likely to take place. The other runner likely to also relish the breakneck speed is (8) Solar Up who will also be a bit of a price. Take them in a quinella.
(6) Jun Dao
(8) Solar Up
(7) Best Fit
(1) Mi Reilly
Race 4 – Class 4 Rtg 60-40 1200m
(2) Home With Glory was disappointing as favourite last time out but can hit back hard here from a nice alley. His main danger looks to be (8) Superior Warrior who is likely to be in front of him from the get go and sticks on well.
(2) Home With Glory
(8) Superior Warrior
(6) Track Lightning
(9) Just Chill
Race 5 – Class 4 Rtg 60-40 1650m
(4) Smart Kids is yet to win a race but finally gets to the mile and judging by his effort at Sha Tin three back over 1400 with more weight, he is ideally placed here. From gate five, Howard Cheng should have him in the strike zone as they swing for home. (9) Redoute’s Fortune is clearly one of the best roughies of the night and will get a gun run from his draw.
(4) Smart Kids*
(9) Redoute’s Fortune
(5) Sure Forward
(6) Romancing Tamar
Race 6 – Class 3 Rtg 80-60 1200m
Ex-Aussie (8) Shining Triumph was unlucky not to have found the frame at his HK debut a fortnight ago and looks nicely suited to go well again tonight. He found trouble early on in the straight and couldnt get a clear crack at them. Expect him to figure prominently. (7) Free And Easy doesn’y know how to run a bad race and with the blinkers off, expect him to settle much better on the pace.
(8) Shining Triumph
(7) Free And Easy
(2) Flying Smart
(5) Bondi Lad
Race 7 – Class 2 Rtg 100-80 1800m
(2) Destined For Glory arguably could have been in the Derby field as a live hope but due to not making the field he’s been sent to the Valley for what I believe is an easy kill. He should have way too much class for these on his way to an easy victory, his first in Hong Kong. (10) Kyara is no slouch and is drawn to recieve all the favours in another small field.
(2) Destined For Glory
(4) Vitality Express
Race 8 – Class 3 Rtg 80-60 1800m
(7) Happy Guys won well last start with the blinkers on and no reason he won’t run well again. (12) Wo Ai Ninn is a talented 5yo gelding who put the writing on the wall with a face finishing second to Happy Guys last start. They look the two.
(7) Happy Guys
(12) Wo Ai Ninn
(1) Beauty Forever
(2) Majestic Heart
Written by Xavier Blair