The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is taking considered action to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of our patrons for the All Star Mile.
The MRC is monitoring official advice from both federal and state government authorities on an ongoing basis. Current advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee in relation to public gatherings state:
Australia does not have evidence of significant transmission currently, therefore cancellation of public gatherings – at this time – would not be proportionate nor particularly effective.
At this point in time, the 2020 All Star Mile will proceed as scheduled this weekend.
However, given the heightened alert of Coronavirus in Australia, extra hygiene precautions are in place for the All Star Mile:
- Additional hand sanitiser stations (located at entry points, toilets and nominated medical areas)
- Promotion of health and hygiene messaging on course.
The MRC also encourages guests this Saturday at Caulfield to:
- Maintaining a good level of hygiene (handwashing, covering coughs/sneezes).
- Bring your own hand sanitiser/hand washing products with you to Caulfield.
- Not attend if you are unwell and report cases of fever, coughing or other flu-like symptoms to your doctor.
- Visit Caulfield’s first-aid facility if you have any health concerns at the event.
In the meantime, should circumstances change and the All Star Mile is required to be cancelled ahead of the event, the MRC will refund pre-purchased tickets.
We look forward to seeing you on course this Saturday.