ALL AGED STAKES
1400m, $600,000, weight-for-age at Randwick
* Before 2004 run over 1600m
* First run in 1866 when won by Falcon
* Outstanding winners include: Tim Whiffler (1870-71), Carbine (1889-90), Wakeful (1902), Chatham (1934), Peter Pan (1935), Ajax (1938-39-40), Bernborough (1946), San Domenico (1952), Tulloch (1958), Lord (1959), Sky High (1961), Wenona Girl (1964), Tobin Bronze (1967), Emancipation (1984), Rough Habit (1992-93), Sunline (2000, 2002), Atlantic Jewel (2012), All Too Hard (2013), Dissident (2015), Trapeze Artist (2018)
* Osborne Bulls is favourite after finishing runner-up in the Lightning Stakes, Newmarket Handicap and TJ Smith Stakes this preparation.
* Along with locally-trained Osborne Bulls, the global Godolphin operation also has international visitor D’Bai, who is trained by Charlie Appleby, in the race.
* The Kris Lees-trained Le Romain is having his third attempt after finishing close seconds the past two years
“He looks well-placed yet again. I think he might be fractionally better again this week than when he went into the TJ Smith” – Osborne Bulls’ trainer James Cummings
“We’ve got her in the All Aged because she was so impressive at Caulfield over the 1400. It’s obviously a big ask, a Group One, but hopefully she can get the job done” – Naantali’s co-trainer David Eustace
“She’s been knocking on the door in Group Ones. She deserves her chance at it. It’s not an easy race, it never is in Group Ones, but she’s really well” – trainer Bjorn Baker on Champagne Cuddles.
“He rarely runs a bad race so I expect him to be thereabouts again” – Le Romain’s trainer Kris Lees