Some useful facts about the Group One Thousand Guineas (1600m) for three-year-old fillies at Caulfield on Wednesday.
* First run in 1946 when won by Sweet Chime who went on to win the VRC Oaks.
* In 1963 Anna Rose and Heirloom dead-heated for first.
* The 17 fillies to have completed the Thousand Guineas-Oaks double include: Chicquita (1949), Gipsy Queen (1965), Toltrice (1972), Rom’s Stiletto (1982), Tristanagh (1989), Richfield Lady (1991), Arborea (1993), Northwood Plume (1994), Magical Miss (2001), Special Harmony (2004) and Miss Finland (2006).
* The 13 fillies to have completed the Edward Manifold-Thousand Guineas double include: Chicquita (1949), Indian Summer (1961), Gipsy Queen (1965), Richfield Lady (1991), Azzurro (1992), Inaflury (1998), Special Harmony (2003) and Alinghi (2004).
* 1990 winner Whisked went on to produce 13-time Group One winner Tie The Knot.
* Winning record of jockeys with rides this year: Damien Oliver – Rahveel (Gallica 2008, Alinghi 2004, Special Harmony 2003, Azzurro 1992); Dan Nikolic – Mosheen (Serious Speed 2007), Michelle Payne – Manhattan Maid (Yosei 2010), Craig Williams – Kneeling (Miss Finland 2006), Steven King – Crucial (Macedon Lady 2002), Steven Arnold – Bliss Street (Magical Miss 2001, All Time High 2000)
* None of this year’s trainers with runners have won the race.
* Barrier five has been the most successful draw in the recent past producing four winners – Shizu (1999), Richfield Lady (1991), Riverina Charm (1988) and Yosei (2010).
Seven of the past 20 winners have drawn double-figure alleys.