Today see’s the running of the 2011 Newcastle Newmarket Handicap at Newcastle racecourse in what looks to be a very competitive race despite the scratchings of three runners. View my tips and selections for the race.
1. Herculian Prince – Starts his Autumn preparation today over 1400m where he has placed four times from five attempts. Will be looking to contest longer races although Stayers first up can always surprise. I expect him to make good gorund out wide late although with the lack of pace in the race i see him only as a place hope.
2. Brilliant Light – Has been disappointing in his last four runs against similar quality opposition, he will need to improve if he was to figure in the placings.
3. Empires Choice – Scratched
4. Snow Alart – Scratched
5. Ahdashim – Trialed very well before commencing his preparation his first up run was a bit disappointing but it was against a stronger field than he meets today. His last start he worked home very well and would have finished closer with some luck i think today is his day and should be right in the finish at each way odds.
6. Altered Boy – Lost the rider last start so disregard that run, his form beforehand has been moderate and is usually there abouts. Not sure if he can win here but at good odds he is worth a place bet.
7. Hidden Wonder – Scratched
8. Trader –Decent run last start behind Warpath, will most likely take a forward position in the race which will suit as there doesnt look to be a lot of speed in the race. Should be infront at the 150m but dont think he can hold them off. Place chance.
9. Keepin’ The Dream – Much improved run last start when he worked home well behind Triple Elegance, has been beaten comprehensively by Glintz before and i cant see him turning the tables. Happy to leave him out.
10. Purrpurrlena – Another runner who has been disappointing of late but definitely has the class to win if she finds her best form, stable has been flying of late and i think she is a great each way chance.
11. So Anyway – Her run behind Melito was great but hasnt been able to go on with it since, a decent run last start but cant see her figuring in the placings today.
12. Cousin Wal –Outclassed here, only positive is inform jockey Timothy Bell is on board and can produce a long odds winner. Happy to dismiss.
13. Glintz – Favourite for the race and rightfully so, was backed heavily last start behind Warpath and was only just beaten by what looks to be a classy runner. Will be on speed which will be a massive advantage in will be in the finish.
Selections: Ahdashim, Glintz, Purrpurrlena, Altered Boy
Written by Morgan Payne
|Bookmaker||Why Bet||Sign Up||Full Review|
|Sign up and start betting in minutes!||Join||Review|
|Back Yourself with Ladbrokes!||Join||Review|
|Back a Winner with Neds!||Join||Review|
|Sign up to Unibet and start betting in minutes!||Join||Review|
|Sign up to TAB and start betting in minutes!||Join||Review|
|Sign up to PlayUp and start betting in minutes!||Join||Review|