Godolphin’s Kidmenever will have his second Australian start when he runs in the Group Three Eclipse Stakes at Sandown.
Kidmenever was one of four Charlie Appleby-trained horses to come from England to Melbourne for the spring carnival.
Only Folkswood and Qewy, who was retired after racing at Flemington on Saturday, have had multiple starts.
Francis Of Assisi failed to make it to the racetrack after suffering a pelvic injury in training.
Kidmenever had his only run in Australia so far when eighth behind Lord Fandango in the Herbert Power Stakes at Caulfield last month.
“We were disappointed in the Herbert Power but they went pretty quick,” Appleby said.
“We’ve purposefully given him the time.
“What we saw in Dubai he had plenty of pace there for the 10 furlongs so I don’t see any reason dropping back to the nine furlongs (1800m) to be a problem.”
A post-race veterinary examination after the Herbert Power revealed Kidmenever had the thumps and internal exercise-induced pulmonary haemorrhage which may have affected his racing performance.
Appleby says the signs are Kidmenever has fully recovered.
“He’s been routinely vet checked all the way,” Appleby said.
“He’s put good solid work in over the last three weeks so that’s not a concern at all.
“Going on to next weekend his work was solid on Saturday and it’s all systems go heading towards the Eclipse.”
Appleby said nothing should be read into Kidmenever missing a start at Flemington on Melbourne Cup day when he drew a wide barrier over 1800m.
“When you’ve travelled this far we’re trying to give ourselves every opportunity to try and win,” he said.
“It was was nothing to do with his wellbeing. We just felt it wasn’t the race for him.
“Coming this distance we want to make sure we’re ticking as many boxes as possible.”