2000m, $1 million, weight-for-age
* First run in 1886 when won by Isonomy
* Group One since 1979
Run over 1800m 1886-1967 except for 2000m in 1887 & 1888, returned to 2000m in 1968
* Wakeful (1901, 02), Amounis (1930), Tranquil Star (1942), Bernborough (1946), Comic Court (1950), Rising Fast (1954), Lord (1958, 59, 60), Sky High (1961, 62), Winfreux (1965, 66, 67), Gunsynd (1972), Kingston Town (1981, 82), Rough Habit (1994), Might And Power (1998), Northerly (2001), Lonhro (2002, 03), So You Think (2010), Atlantic Jewel (2013), Winx (2016).
* Winx scared away her opposition in 2016 where she had only two opponents. This year’s field has attracted 12 runners including three European-trained horses
* Gailo Chop defeated European Johannes Vermeer, part-owned by Lloyd and Nick Williams last year. They part-own another European, The Cliffsofmoher this year, trained by Aidan O’Brien
* Godolphin has two European runners, Benbatl for Saeed bin Suroor and Blair House for Charlie Appleby
* Homesman will be attempting to become the 13th horse to claim the Underwood/Caulfield Stakes double, the latest being Ocean Park in 2012
WHAT THE KEY PLAYERS ARE SAYING:
“Everyone’s saying his manners are better this time and I’d have to say they are, but I think the barriers have had a lot to do with that” – Humidor’s trainer Darren Weir
“She is a very good horse but she is obviously racing against some seasoned weight for age campaigners here. However I believe she will certainly be in the finish” – Unforgotten’s trainer Chris Waller
“It’s a very competitive race and we just want him to run well and that will top him off for the Caulfield Cup” – Homesan’s co-owner Nick Williams
$500 BONUS at BetEasy Sign-up at BetEasy via this ad and Deposit $500 and start BETTING with $1000! HURRY! Offer ends this week!