Some facts about the Group One $500,000 Myer Classic (1600m) to be run at Flemington on Saturday.
* For fillies and mares at standard weight-for-age.
* First run in 1988 when it had Listed status and was won by Concordance trained by the late Colin Hayes.
* Was upgraded to Group Three in 1995, Group Two in 1997 and elevated to Group One in 2004.
* Weight-for-age since 2002.
* The fastest time recorded for a Myer Classic winner was Market Price (2001, 1:34.20).
* From 1988-92 known as Honda Legend; 1993 Hongkong Bank Stakes; 1994-2001 Hardy Bros Classic; 2002-04 Nestle Peters Classic.
* Nine favourites have won the race since its inception with the latest Typhoon Tracy ($2.20) in 2009.
* Notable winners include: Sacred Choice (2010); Typhoon Tracy (2009); Forensics (2008); Divine Madonna (2007); Lotteria (2005); Miss Potential (2004); Bonanova (1998); Rose Of Portland (1996); Excited Angel (1992); Western Chorus (1991), Natural Wonder (1990).
* Jockeys with rides this year who have won the race in the past: Corey Brown – Sacred Choice (Sacred Choice 2010, Zanna 2003); Michael Rodd – Lady Lynette (Divine Madonna 2007); Damien Oliver – Hurtle Myrtle (Bonanova 1998); Kerrin McEvoy – Dysphonia (Forensics 2008); Steven King – Varenna Miss (Rose Of Portland 1996); Craig Williams – Mosheen (Lyrical Bid 2006).
* Trainers with runners on Saturday who have won the race before: Gai Waterhouse – More Joyous (Lotteria 2005); Joe Pride – Sacred Choice (Sacred Choice 2010); Peter Snowden – Dysphonia (Forensics 2008).