TAB agencies and pub and club TABs in metropolitan Melbourne are able to reopen from tomorrow (Wednesday).
This means the TAB network will be up and running across the state for the Melbourne Cup Carnival. Their network in all our other jurisdictions is up and running. Keno in pubs and clubs in Victoria is also clear to resume operations from tomorrow.
This is particularly important for punters on Victoria Derby Day, Melbourne Cup Day and other peak times. This year, punters in TABs are able to bet early on the Melbourne Cup on the tote from Sunday.
It’s a great time of the year and the TAB will be launching a range of promotions and offers that make this year’s carnival one to remember.
The TAB will also be implementing a range of measures to ensure social distancing including:
- COVID marshals on duty at agencies on key days
- Frequent cleaning of agencies and surfaces
- Hand sanitizing stations installed
- Capacity limit signage, COVID-safe signage
- Floor decals showing 1.5m spacing
- QR codes to allow electronic access to form and popular markets on customers’ own devices
TAB ask customers to kindly assist us to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Putting on bets or depositing/withdrawing early where possible on busy days (Derby Day and Cup Day in particular)
- Supplying name and details on entry as required under government regulation
- Adhering to the 1.5m social distancing limits and the capacity limits displayed on all our agencies
- Wearing masks (where this is advised)
*Existing customers only. 2nd Racing bet. Excl SA & WA. T’s & C’s apply. Gamble responsibly.