Before the first qualifier takes place on February 13, Art Cadeau has opened the $15 favourite at TAB for the Country Championships Final on April 3 at Royal Randwick.
Art Cadeau – trained by Terry Robinson at Shoalhaven Heads – was a last start winner at Royal Randwick on January 23 in a TAB Highway over 1100 metres and that victory boosted Art Cadeau’s record to three wins and six seconds from nine starts.
Fender – trained in Scone by Brett Cavanough – has won four of his seven starts and is a $17 hope for the Country Championships Final.
Fender contested The Kosciuszko in last year’s Everest Carnival and finished seventh to his stablemate It’s Me.
New King – trained by Matt Dale in Canberra – has won three races and finished third in 10 career starts and is also a $17 chance.
The first Country Championships Qualifier is at Coffs Harbour on February 13 for the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales.
$15 Art Cadeau
$26 Amy’s Shadow
$51+ Others Quoted
DATES AND VENUES FOR COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS QUALIFIERS
- February 13 at Coffs Harbour (Northern Rivers)
- February 14 at Nowra (South East)
- February 20 at Wagga (Southern Districts)
- February 21 at Taree (Mid North Coast)
- February 28 at Mudgee (Central Districts)
- March 7 at Tamworth (Hunter and North West)
- March 14 at Coonamble (Western)
- March 21 at Muswellbrook (Wild Card)