Some facts about the Group One $650,000 Doomben 10,000 (1350m) on Saturday.
* First run in 1933 when won by Wallun.
* From 1933/41 run over straight six furlongs (1200m).
* From 1942/45 run over seven furlongs (1400m) at Albion Park.
* Weight-for-age since 1997.
* Notable winners include: Lough Neagh (1934); Bernborough (1946); Aquanita (1961); Winfreux (1965); Black Onyx (1969/70); Baguette (1971); Maybe Mahal (1977); Manikato (1979); Hit It Benny (1980); Campaign King (1988); Prince Trialia (1990/91); Chief De Beers (1995, 1998); Falvelon (2001/02); Bel Esprit (2003); Takeover Target (2007); Apache Cat (2008/09); Hot Danish (2010).
* Mares to win: High Benia (1936); Hamurah (1938); Maybe Mahal (1977); Flitter (1994); Hot Danish (2010).
* No filly has ever won the race.
* Only four horses have won as favourite in the last 20 years: Chief De Beers (1995); Falvelon (2001, equal favourite 2002); Apache Cat (2008/09); Hot Danish (equal favourite 2010).
* Winning trainers with a runner on Saturday: John Hawkes won the race with Accomplice in 1997. Hawkes, who now trains in partnership with his sons Michael and Wayne, will be represented by Love Conquers All.
* Winning jockeys with a ride on Saturday: Hugh Bowman – Black Piranha (Red Oog 2005); Chris Munce – Love Conquers All (Barrosa Boy 1992); Corey Brown – Beaded (Apache Cat 2008).