The headline race today at Rosehill the Coolmore Classic over 1500m, in a very open race Aloha has opened as the $5 favourite but there has been plenty of money for other runners including Warpath who has been heavly backed at double figure odds. View my full race preview.
1. Melito – Group 1 winner and definitely has class on her side in this race, was disappointing in her last start in the Chipping Norton Stakes but at her best she will figure in the finish even with 4kg more than her competition. Very good chance.
2. Purple – Scratched
3. Palacio de Cristal –Very classy mare who ran third in this race last year after missing the jump, if the track conditions don’t deteriorate further during the day she will be a very good chance with luck. Currently at each way odds and the stable is flying. Great chance on a dead or good track, any worse and she should be left out.
4. Graceful Anna – Talented mare who has been very honest this preparation placing three times in her last three runs all in group company, looks to be well suited today and will handle a slow/heavy track. Good each way bet.
5. Lady Lynette – Scratched
6. No Evidence Needed – Met More Joyous first start this preparation and she hit the line strongly, jumped up 100m in her last start and again hit the line strongly. Will be much better suited by another step up in distance. Would prefer a good or dead track but could surprise at good odds.
7. Aloha – Has won her last four starts convincingly and steps up again today, looks to be an improving type. Has form around slow/heavy tracks, hard to match up the Melbourne form into the race but she looks to be a good chance although under the odds in my opinion. Each way chance.
8. Jersey Lily – One of the runners who will improve with the wet track, beat Turnstiles last start and the form seems to be holding up well. Jumps up in class but only has to carry 52.5kg. Looks to be a major player in the race if she was to win it wouldnt surprise.
9. Montana Flyer – Another honest galloper who will be suited by the rain, has good form beating Jersey Lilly last start but may have been a bit lucky to come away with the win. At long odds and a definite place hope.
10. More Strawberries – Was sent out and beaten as an odds on favourite last start, wasnt disgraced in the race and Rawiller probably got the race wrong. Has to overcome a wide barrier but she will go forward and make her on luck which is a massive bonus in these large fields. Has heavy track form and looks a great each way bet.
11. Strawberry Field – Beaten comprehensively by a few others in this race, cant see her turning the tables. Happy to leave out of my multiples.
12. Hidden Wonder – Outsider of the field at 101/1 and doesnt look to have the form or class to win this race.
13. Lovemelikearock – Battled on well behind Montana Flyer last start, the form looks okay but cant see her beating some of the classier runners in the race. Has no slow or heavy form so happy to leave out.
14. Miss Gai Flyer – A lightly raced mare from the strong Moody stable, looks to be on the up and she has won both of her starts this preparation. A bit of a worry with the slow/heavy track but is worth an each way bet.
15. Happy Hippy – Beaten by some of these last start by a decent margin, cant see her turning the tables. Happy to leave out.
16. Warpath – Probably the best backed runner of the race from 21/1 into her current quote of 11/1. Has handled a slow track in the past and the form around her last win in listed company, jumps up in class today but looks to be an improving type. A win wont surprise.
17. Turnstiles – A very honest run last start to only just be beaten by Jersey Lilly who is much shorter in this race, only the one start on Heavy a track which she was unplaced so may not handle the conditions. Has to overcome the wide barrier, would be in my selections if she drew in closer. Place chance with luck.
Selections: More Strawberries, Graceful Anna, Warpath, No Evidence Needed
Written by Morgan Payne
|Bookmaker||Why Bet||Sign Up||Full Review|
|Sign up and start betting in minutes!||Join||Review|
|Back Yourself with Ladbrokes!||Join||Review|
|Back a Winner with Neds!||Join||Review|
|Sign up to Unibet and start betting in minutes!||Join||Review|
|Sign up to TAB and start betting in minutes!||Join||Review|
|Sign up to PlayUp and start betting in minutes!||Join||Review|