GEORGE MAIN STAKES
1600m, $500,000, weight-for-age
* First run in 1945 when won by Modulation
* Group One race from 1980. Run at Warwick Farm in 1983 and 2001.
* George Moore won the race nine times between 1949 and 1971
* Tommy Smith trained 12 winners between 1953 and Kingston Town in 1982
* Chris Waller has won four of the past five runnings with Shoot Out (2012), Sacred Falls (2014), Kermadec (2015) and Winx (2016).
* Shannon (1946/47), Baguette (1971); Kingston Town (1981/82); Emancipation (1983); Durbridge (1984); Shogun Lodge (1999); Lonhro (2003); More Joyous (2010); Winx (2016, 2017).
* Winx will be aiming for her third George Main Stakes and her 27th consecutive win
* In 2016 Winx became the first horse since Kingston Town (1981/82) to go on and win the Cox Plate
WHAT THE KEY PLAYERS ARE SAYING:
“I’m very happy with how things have gone and she is in good health and is in picture perfect condition,” – Winx’s trainer Chris Waller
“Unforgotten is a very talented horse but she can’t beat Winx unless she has an off day and she hasn’t done that for 26 starts,” – Waller
“It’s Somewhat is probably going to need another run over the mile here. I think that will set him up nicely for the remainder of his campaign,” – It’s Somewhat’s trainer James Cummings
Claim $200 in Racing Bonus Bets when you deposit $100!*