THE QUEENSLAND DERBY – CURSE OR CRESCENDO?
* Finished well near the end of the field in five Group One race during spring after last year’s Derby win. Transferred to Chris Waller after a run of outs for former trainer Mark Kavanagh. Resumes at Randwick on Saturday.
* Won the Listed Sale Cup first-up after the Derby. His only win in his next 17 starts was an open handicap at Flemington.
* One of the more successful recent post-Derby careers. Won the Group Two Chelmsford Stakes twice and ran fourth in the Group One Doncaster Mile and George Main Stakes.
* Career-best effort to run fourth in the 2014 Caulfield Cup but only other win was in a Flemington open handicap.
* Never won again. Was placed in a Group One race in New Zealand but struggled to beat a runner home as his career wound down.
* The mare raced four more times after her Derby win, peaking with a runner-up finish in the Group One Underwood Stakes.
COURT RULER (2009)
* Raced 26 times after the Derby and failed to win. Finished his career over the jumps where he ran third twice.