* First run in 1890 when won by Pyrrhus.
* 1890-1953 run over six furlongs (1200m).
* Notable winners: Wiggle (1958), Winfreux (1965), Divide And Rule (1970), Triton (1972), Daybreak Lover (1984, 1986), Campaign King (1988), Rough Habit (1991-92), Dane Ripper (1997) and Show A Heart (2002).
* 1980 winner Ducatoon was stripped of the victory after returning a positive swab.
* Three topweights have won in the past 20 years – Rough Habit (58.5kg) in 1992, Campaign King (58.5kg) and Show A Heart as equal topweight (56kg) in 2002.
* Most successful Stradbroke trainer is Bart Cummings with four wins – Campaign King (1988), Robian Steel (1989), Never Undercharge (1993) and Dane Ripper (1997).
Lumosty is unbeaten in two Melbourne runs since resuming but her form hasn’t earned a place in the field and she will need a scratching to get a start. If Lumosty earns reprieve at the 11th hour she is certain to run as a warm favourite with 50.5kg.
Doomben 10,000 placegetters Charlie Boy and Generalife have emerged as the best-weighted runners with 54kg and 54.5kg respectively.
Stradbroke Handicaps are invariably run at a true speed and although this year’s race has been moved from Eagle Farm to the tighter Doomben racetrack, backmarkers can still figure in the finish.
Look for Lord Of The Sky to make the running as he tries to hold off a host of swoopers.