MYER CLASSIC: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* First run in 1988 when it had Listed status and was won by Concordance, trained by Colin Hayes
* Upgraded to Group Three in 1995, Group Two in 1997 and elevated to Group One in 2004
* Weight-for-age since 2002
NOTABLE WINNERS: Lotteria (2005), Divine Madonna (2007), Forensics (2008), Typhoon Tracy (2009) and Red Tracer (2013)
* The fastest time recorded was 1:34.20 by Market Price in 2001
* Ten favourites have won the race since its inception, the latest Red Tracer ($3.10) in 2013
* Second emergency Zonza is in foal to Pins
RACE TEMPO: Bold frontrunner Solicit should ensure a good pace. Sweet Idea, Enquare and You’re So Good also have early speed while Catkins and Forever Loved won’t be far away. Favourite May’s Dream is likely to settle midfield or worse and will appreciate a truly run race and a distance rise.
SWEET IDEA: Class runner but can the Gai Waterhouse-trained mare run out a strong mile? She was narrowly beaten in the Coolmore Classic at her only other start beyond 1400m but bookmakers are likely to risk her. One of three runners for Waterhouse along with Diamond Drille and Forever Loved.
SYDNEY TRAINERS: Have won the past four Myer Classics. They are well represented this year with seven of the 16 runners. But only two Sydney-trained mares – Sweet Idea and Catkins – are at single figure odds.
First bet matched with up to $600 in Bonus Bets!*