This year’s Moe Cup has been postponed until December.
The cup was to be run on Thursday week but bad winter weather delayed repairs to Moe’s drainage system, damaged in floods earlier this year.
Storms in the past five days also dumped 75mm of rain which has compromised consolidation of the track forcing the Moe meeting scheduled for next week to be transferred to Cranbourne.
All prize money will remain the same at Cranbourne, but the $140,000 feature event over 2025 metres will be run as an Open Handicap, not the Moe Cup.
Racing Victoria is working with the Moe Racing Club to conduct their Cup at a scheduled meeting on Friday, December 16.