Some facts about the Group 1 $2,000,000 Doncaster Mile on saturday.
* First run in 1866 when won by Dundee
* In 1879-93 ran over 9 furlongs or 1800 metres.
* Notable Winners include Super Impose(1990,91), Sunline (1999,2002), Emancipation(1983), Gunsynd(1972), Tobin Bronze(1967), Fine And Dandy(1961,63), Tudor Hill(1959,60), Pharaoh(1994,95), Grand Armee(2003), Racing To Win(2006) , Chatham(1934), Wakeful(1901) and Haradasun(2007).
* Only Became a Group 1 in 1980 when won by Iko.
* Most Successful Trainer: TJ Smith who won 7 Unpainted(1968), Bye Bye(1969), Gunsynd(1972), Analie(1973), Authentic Heir(1978), Iko(1980) and Lygon Arms(1988).
* Rangirangdoo(2010) is the only horse Running this year to have won the race.
* The fastest recorded time was Belmura Lad 1.33.7 in 1980.
* Trainers who have won the race with a runner this year: Gai Waterhouse – More Joyous, Niagara and Fast Clip (Grand Armee 2003, Assertive Lad 2001, Secret Savings 1997, Sprint By 1996 and Pharaoh 1994,95), Chris Waller- Rangirangdoo, Shoot Out, Albert The Fat and Danleigh ( Rangirangdoo 2010 and Triple Honour 2008), John Hawkes trained the winner of Over in 2000 but he now trains in a Partnership with sons Michael and John who have Happy Zero.
* Jockeys who have won the the race with a ride this year: Nash Rawiller-More Joyous (Rangirangdoo 2010) and Jim Cassidy-Fast Clip (Vision And Power 2009).