A decision on whether spring carnival meetings can be held at Randwick will not be made until Wednesday at the earliest.
The Australian Turf Club (ATC) says testing of the QEII stand following the discovery of corrosion in structural steel cabling will continue throughout the weekend and is expected to be completed by the middle of next week.
“There is no easy fix for the issues currently identified,” ATC chief executive Darren Pearce said.
“It will need a detailed engineering response. This is being worked on in parallel to ongoing testing.
“We are hopeful, but the truth is the testing over the next few days and the engineered solution will decide things, so I’d only be speculating until these reports are to hand.
“To cover all bases, ATC management are working on contingency plans so we are prepared for any scenario that evolves.”
Saturday’s Chelmsford Stakes program was transferred to Warwick Farm with the George Main Stakes meeting on September 17 the next scheduled for Randwick.