Cup Week at Flemington continues on Thursday, with the feature race being the Kennedy Oaks (2500m) for the three year old fillies, with eleven acceptors for the $1 Million contest.
Down below is a speed map, runner preview and $100 betting strategy for the 2021 Kennedy Oaks.
2021 Kennedy Oaks Speed Map
It’s hard to find early speed in this race. I suspect Fabiola leads given she can sit handy, as seen her last couple of runs. Douceur can roll forward, likewise Blackcomb from a wide gate. Glint Of Hope has gate one and Nash so she could be positive. Willowy and Daisies likely opt for cover.
2021 Kennedy Oaks Runner Preview
1. Elusive Express: Identical platform to Hitotsu. Strong winner of the Edward Manifold then a game second in the Thousand Guineas. Being by Jakkalberry, 2500m should be no issue and unless Froggy on Fabiola goes silly in front, the sit/sprint should suit her I feel and she has the right form.
2. Willowy: She’s getting better as the distances increase. Won the Wakeful and that has been gold as a form reference for the Oaks in recent years, so in that regard, it’s a big tick. The big knock is the time they ran in the Wakeful was very ordinary after walking in front, so that’s the query. History vs the clock.
3. Daisies: Positive ride saw her win the Ethereal before a game second in the Wakeful. I have doubts on her at 2500m and she was given a peach on Saturday. Willowy is the only one from the Wakeful I want so I’m risking Daisies.
4. Biscayne Bay: She’s the knockout chance. I thought she was good late in the Ethereal between runners behind Daisies. Dodged the Wakeful to be kept on the fresh and aha the Maher/Eustace polish. Hard to beat with Bowman to steer.
5. Gonnadancealot: Assured her place in the Oaks via a win in the Byerley in the Winter but her two runs back would make Johnny Get Angry jealous. He wish he could run as poorly as she has. No chance.
6. Douceur: Had the suck run behind the slow speed in the Wakeful and battled on well to run third. Slides forward you would assume and sit handy, but the query has to be 2500m with her.
7. Glint Of Hope: If I had a gun to my head and I had to take something from the Wakeful outside Willowy, it’s this girl. She worked to the line pretty well off the slow tempo and has screamed out of being an Oaks horse for some time. Gate one, Nash, no work in the run, she’s a must for exotics.
8. Tiz My Bay: She’ll stay, so no issue there. The issue is does she have the class? On exposed form, I’m saying no.
9: Blackcomb: Desperately unlucky in the Hill Smith, which is turning out to be a rubbish form reference, then was plain in the Vase. In the right camp to bounce back for this race, but I can’t have her.
10: Fabiola: I reckon she’s a sneaky first four hope. I say that because she is a stayer who will be on speed and Froggy Newitt, this sort of horse suits his riding style perfectly. Likes to get rolling, full momentum and keep at it. This girl will do that. Wouldn’t be a total shock if she won, but rather say she’s a first four contender.
11. Morrissette: Nice filly but is still a maiden and I think that’s her level for now. Six months time she could be a sneaky SA Oaks horse.
2021 Kennedy Oaks $100 Betting Strategy:
Keeping it pretty simple. Backing the two best horses in the race. $50 Win on both Elusive Express and Willowy. Class or the tried/true formula. Back both and you should make a profit.
Group l Strategy Outlay: $2670
Group l Strategy Return: $8070.6