One of the great mile races is the Might And Power Stakes (1600m) at Caulfield and the 2021 edition this Saturday shapes up to be an intriguing race, largely evolving around one horse in particular. The track should be on the firmer side so on speed will be no disadvantage.
Down below is a speed map, runner preview and $100 betting strategy for the 2021 Might And Power Stakes.
2021 Might And Power Stakes Speed Map
I think No Effort leads. Homesman either box seats or sits outside No Effort. Zaaki will sit outside No Effort if Homesman box seats, or will land 1/1 and be on the back of Homesman should it sit one off. Probabeel does no work from the draw.
2021 Might And Power Stakes Runner Preview
1. Homesman: Resumed in the JRA Cup at the Valley when on speed and he tried hard. Just couldn’t quite finish it off when second to Secret Blaze. He’ll run an honest race. Just not up to the level of Zaaki.
2. Zaaki: Visually and on the clock, nothing spectacular about his Underwood win at Sandown. Job done, move onto this, win again without jumping up and down, and this race should top him off beautifully for the Cox Plate.
3. Nonconformist: Nonconformist is using this to clean the cobwebs out for the Caulfield Cup next week. He earned his way into that race off the back off the Naturalism win, where he was given a 12/10 by Childs and was too good, just. He won’t be winning, but will be hitting the line I dare say that’ll catch the eye for next week.
4. Nickajack Cave: He will go one of two ways. Either he measures up and runs super, finishes top three, or finishes last and will end up being a country cups horse. Lone Australian run came in the Tancred when having little luck. Trials leading in have been good and I think his best from overseas sees him finish top three.
5. Probabeel: This run will be an intriguing one for Probabeel. If she runs well, I dare say they will press on towards the Cox Plate, but below par run, freshen up and win the Empire Rose. She tried hard behind Zaaki in the Underwood, but was safely held. Runs well again, but will be safely held by the boom horse.
6. No Effort: Outstanding job this prep and why not have a crack at a Group l, especially a horse who loves to roll forward. Led in the Naturalism and tried hard, but couldn’t finish off. Expecting something similar here.
2021 Might And Power Stakes $100 Betting Strategy:
There is no real standout to run second behind Zaaki, so I’ll play a single, have $100 on Zaaki, make a $25-$30 profit/thereabouts and move on.
Group l Strategy Outlay: $1180
Group l Strategy Return: $820