‘The Masters’ at Ascot wraps up this Saturday with the third and final Group l of the Carnival and indeed the final Group l of 2021, the Kingston Town Classic (1800m).
Down below is a speed map, runner preview and $100 betting strategy for the 2021 Kingston Town Classic.
2021 Kingston Town Classic Speed Map
The Cerise/White of Peters Racing usually like to get cover off the speed so Western Empire likely goes back, but there is a great chance to slide forward and be in the first few given he is drawn between noted front runners Too Close The Sun and Trap For Fools. Dance Music finds the fence early then likely opts for cover, Neufbosc will be tucked away on the fence.
2021 Kingston Town Classic Runner Preview
1. Regal Power: On paper, he looks the only real threat to Western Empire. Been kept on ice with this race in mind, dodging the Railway to be kept fresh. Jury has been out on him since the All Star Mile last year but his two runs back have been strong and he looks cherry ripe for this.
2. Trap For Fools: Would be a remarkable training effort to win this race fresh. Three solid trials under the belt so certainly won’t be lacking in fitness. Just whether his better days ar behind him.
3. Neufbosc: Last run was encouraging but he has eyes in defending his Perth Cup title so happy to look elsewhere.
4. Too Close The Sun: On speed in the Railway and battled on okay but was well held by Western Empire and suspect that will be the case once again.
5. Platoon: Reckon the rise to 1800m from the mile of the Railway is a big, big tick. That said, I can’t see him winning. First four threat at best.
6. Notorious One: He’s great place bet IMO. Was with him at odds in the Railway and he just wanted to lay in under pressure, costing him third I think. He gets a big jockey upgrade, love him up to 1800m and he’s the bet again, more so a place bet.
7.Western Empire: Star. Absolute start. Stunning win in the Railway and confirmed that he’ll be a force when he comes East, whenever that may be. Barring bad luck, he should be too good for this lot.
8. Dance Music: The mile at this level found her out in the Railway so 1800m seems ridiculous. But, a throw at the stumps at Group l level and maps super. First four at very best.
9. Kissonallforcheeks: Beauty for Dan Morton. She tried her heart out in the Railway but was just no match for Western Empire. Can’t see her turning the tables, but she’ll be around the mark again.
10. Searchin’ Roca: History says three year olds in this race run well so I think she will. Is she a top shelf three year old? I’m saying no, but with the weight, she doesn’t need to be to run a positive race here.
2021 Kingston Town Classic $100 Betting Strategy:
Happy to lock in $3 for Notorious One to run top three. Western Empire is short and won’t be much value in exotics so I think he’s the bet.
Group l Strategy Outlay: $3170
Group l Strategy Return: $8820.6